This project is funded through HUD's Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program (CDBG-DR) funds following the 2015 flood events. The project will improve drainage and mobility along Uhland Road during rain events.
The project includes:
- The reconstruction of County Road and Uhland Road between IH-35 and approximately 200ft south of the Aquarena Springs Dr. intersection.
- Stormwater drainage system along County and Uhland Roads with an outfall to the Blanco River.
- Sidewalk extension along Uhland Road to Aquarena Springs Drive.
- Water and wastewater improvements along Uhland Road.
- Uhland Road and River Road intersection improvements.
Total project cost estimated at $4.2M. Design started in September 2017. Construction anticipated to begin in summer 2019.