The mission of the San Marcos Office of Emergency Management is to maintain community resilience in the face of natural and man-made hazards. To meet this goal, we work to build the city’s response capability and coordinate with regional, state, and federal partners. We conduct regular training and exercises, in accordance with federal standards, to test and improve our ability to protect against the unexpected. We are engaged with the community to ensure the citizens of San Marcos are educated, informed, and capable of responding to and recovering from disasters.
Register your cell phone number for emergency alerts information on Warn Central Texas, the region's emergency notification system, also available in Spanish.
During emergencies, tune to Cable Channel 10 on Time Warner or Channel 16 on Grande Communications and 103.1 FM-KZOS for City of San Marcos announcements.
- City Information Line (recorded message): 512-393-8488
- Electrical Outages - Electric Utility: 512-393-8313
- Water / Sewer Problems: 512-393-8010
- San Marcos Road Conditions-Public Services: 512-393-8036
- State Road Conditions: 800-452-9292