Volunteers are needed on Tuesday mornings from 8am-11am to help with grounds maintenance. Volunteers should wear close-toed shoes. All tools and supplies are provided. No RSVP required. This is a great opportunity to socialize and learn from local Master Naturalists.
Volunteer tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Propagation: Come learn how to grow native plants from seeds and cuttings! Tasks include watering, making potting soil, collecting seed and cuttings, upsizing plants and much more.
- Trail & Demonstration Bed Maintenance: No matter what time of year there’s always work to be done in the Discovery Center Gardens. Whether it be pulling weeds in the trails, or planting more milkweed for the monarchs, we need your help.
- Pond Maintenance: Duties include removing leaves, cleaning the pond pumps so the fish are happy, and tending to the aquatic plants.
- Tree Care: Come learn the ins and outs of tree care.
- Composting: We’ve recently expanded our composting system to include a variety of methods. Our goal is to compost 100% of our organic matter and you can help!
- Vegetable Garden Maintenance: These vegetables don’t grow themselves! Come help with watering, pest removal, planting etc.
- Bird Watching Maintenance: Main duties are filling the bird feeder and maintaining the garden beds. We welcome ideas on plant selection as well as additional feeders or houses.