Open Texas Information
On Monday, April 26, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott released an Executive Order (GA-18) outlining plans to gradually reopen Texas businesses while prioritizing COVID-19 safety restrictions. Effective May 18, 2020, we have entered Phase 2 of reopening.
Here at the City of San Marcos, we want you to feel informed and prepared as restrictions are further lifted, so we have created a series of Frequently Asked Questions. We will continue to update our information as changes occur; the latest updates from the State of Texas are also available online at https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas
Determine Your Occupancy:
If you are a business trying to determine your facility’s occupancy limit, please contact the San Marcos FD Prevention Division at (512) 805-2600 or email@example.com, and an Inspector will respond to your location and calculate your allowed occupancy.
|Business||Current Status||Future Changes||Safety Checklist|
|Barber Shops||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between work stations||Latest Document|
|Bars||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Bowling Alleys, Bingo Halls, Skating Rinks||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Child Care/Daycare Facilities||May operate if they can ensure proper hygiene and safety protocols||Latest Document|
|Churches/Places of Worship||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between parties||Latest Document|
|Gyms/Exercise Facilities||May operate at 25% occupancy||Latest Document|
|Hair Salons||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between work stations||Latest Document|
|Indoor and Outdoor Pools||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Manufacturers||Non-CISA facilities may operate at 25% occupancy||Latest Document|
|Massage and Personal-Care, Beauty Services||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between work stations||Latest Document|
|Movie Theaters||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Museums and Libraries||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Nail Salons||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between work stations||Latest Document|
|Offices||May operate at 25% provide individuals can maintain social distancing||Latest Document|
|Outdoor Sports||May resume provide the sports do not include contact with other participants and no more than four participants play the sport at a time||Latest Document|
|Parks/Beaches||May operate at the city's or state's discretion||Latest Document|
|Restaurants||May operate at 50% capacity||Latest Document|
|Retailers||May operate at 25% capacity||Latest Document|
|Splash Pads or Waterparks||Cannot open at this time||Latest Document|
|Tanning Salons||May operate if they can ensure 6 feet of social distancing between work stations||Latest Document|
|Wedding Venues||May operate outdoor ceremonies, or indoor ceremonies at 25% guest capacity||Latest Document|
|Youth Camps (Day Camps)||Cannot open at this time||Can open May 31, 2020||Latest Document|
|Youth Camps (Overnight Camps)||Cannot open at this time||Can open, May 31, 2020||Latest Document|
|Youth Clubs||Can hold meetings with up to 10 individuals at a time, and must enforce 6 feet of social distancing||Latest Document|
|Youth Sports||Cannot operate at this time||Teams can begin holding practice effective May 31, 2020. Sports may begin holding games or similar competitions, with or without spectators, beginning June 15, 2020.||Latest Document|
|Zoos, Aquariums, Natural Caverns||Aquariums, natural caverns, and similar facilities may operate at 25% capacity.||Zoos may operate at 25% effective May 29, 2020.||Latest Document|
- Is Texas open for business?
- Do I still have to stay home?
- Should I still practice social distancing, good hygiene, and wear a mask in public?
- Are there special guidelines for people over the age of 65?
- How can I determine my business’ capacity?
- I am the owner of a restaurant or retail business reopening. What should I do to keep myself, employees and customers safe?
- As a business owner, am I allowed to require customers to wear face coverings in my establishment?
- If I would like to dedicate certain periods of time each day for only at-risk customers, what are my options?
- When do restaurants open?
- How about bars?
- When do retailers open?
- When do salons and barbershops open?
- When do gyms open?
- When do movie theaters open?
- When do museums and libraries open?
- What if I have other questions about my business reopening?
- Will City Facilities, including the San Marcos Public Library, open on May 1?
- Are City Parks open?
- When can I enjoy outdoor sports?
- What do I do if my employer is asking me to return to work, but I, or someone I am caring for, am experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?