Complaint Against Wrecker Company Form

Complaint Against Wrecker Company

  1. If you feel you have been overcharged by a wrecker company or that a wrecker company has violated any other City Ordinance, a written complaint is required by the San Marcos City Code Section 90.293 (a). Upon receipt of your complaint, the Police Department will send a letter to the tow company notifying them of the complaint. The company must reply to you, in writing, within ten (10) business days of receipt of the complaint. They must also send the Chief of Police a copy of their response. Upon receipt of the response, the Chief of Police will determine if the wrecker company has committed a violation and what actions will be taken against the company. Should the Chief determine a violation has occurred, he may decide to do any combination of the following: issue a citation to the company, suspend the company from the police rotation system for a period not to exceed 90 days, or suspend the company’s non- consent towing registration for a period not to exceed 90 days. The Chief may also decide to issue a warning. You will be notified of the final outcome of your complaint within two business days of the Chief’s decision. You should be aware that the police department has no authority to order a refund of any money. To secure a refund, you must file a request for a hearing with a Justice of the Peace court in Hays County within 14 days after you pay your tow bill. If you have questions about the status of your complaint, you may contact the Parking Enforcement Unit at (512) 753-2140. 

    If your complaint is related to charges you feel are not authorized, a legible copy of your invoice from the tow truck company must accompany this complaint.

  2. Leave This Blank:

  3. This field is not part of the form submission.