Free COVID-19 testing continues to be available throughout Hays County at Curative mobile sites in San Marcos, Wimberley, Buda, Dripping Springs, and Kyle. In observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, all Curative mobile testing sites will be closed on Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1. Testing will resume as regularly scheduled on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2021.
The testing is provided at no cost to the individual and is available to anyone, whether or not they reside in Hays County. Curative is now billing private insurance companies for test services, but there will be no out-of-pocket cost to the individual being tested. Those without insurance will not be turned away and will receive the test for free.
Appointments are recommended to expedite the process but are not required. Free testing registration is open for the remainder of December. To make an appointment, visit https://www.curativetest.com/. Results are expected to be available 24-48 hours following the testing date.
COVID-19 Testing Numbers
As of Sunday, Dec. 6, Curative has tested 38,775 individuals at their Hays County testing sites with a 19% positivity rate or a total of 7,376 positive cases. Please note that not all of the 38,775 individuals tested are Hays County residents as the testing is open to anyone regardless of county of residence.
At the San Marcos testing site for the period of December 1 through midday December 8, 2020, a total of 2,143 tests had been completed with 59% of those tested residing in the 78666 zip code and the remaining 41% residing in other zip codes outside of San Marcos.
Of the 2,143 tests administered in the past seven and a half days, positive results had been returned for 288 individuals for a 13% positivity rate. A total of 10,287 tests have been administered at the San Marcos Curative test site since testing began in October with a 17% positivity rate or 1,762 positive cases. These numbers do not include testing done at Texas State University and do include individuals who do not reside in Hays County.
Funding for the free testing is provided by the Texas Division of Emergency Management and the coordination is being managed jointly by Hays County and the City of San Marcos. For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curative Mobile Testing Sites:
- San Marcos Premium Outlets between Lululemon & Pottery Barn, 3939 S. I-35, San Marcos: Monday-Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wimberley Community Center, 14068 RR 12, Wimberley: Tuesday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Triangle, 151 E. Mercer St., Dripping Springs: Friday-Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Parking lot at Main St. & China St., Buda: Monday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hays CISD PAC, 979 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle: Monday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Second San Marcos Testing Site Coming Dec. 14 at the San Marcos Public Library, 625 E Hopkins St., Hours TBD
- Temporary San Marcos Site Coming Dec. 19 at the San Marcos High School Rattler Stadium, Located at Monterrey Oak and Highway 123, Monday-Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.