The Draft Vision SMTX Comprehensive Plan is now available for public review and comment. The Vision SMTX Comprehensive Plan Rewrite is considered a City-Initiated Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment and was authorized by City Council in 2020. All Comprehensive Plan Map Amendments are subject to notification, public hearings, and vote by City Council. The schedule is as follows:
- Neighborhood Presentation Meeting & City Council Information Meeting: February 7, 2023, at 3 p.m.
- Neighborhood Commission Information Meeting: February 15, 2023, at 6 p.m.
- Planning & Zoning Commission Information Meeting: February 14, 2023, at 6 p.m.
- Planning & Zoning Commission Consideration (public hearing): February 28, 2023, at 6 p.m.
- Ordinance 1st Reading (Public Hearing #1, no action): March 21, 2023 at 6 p.m.
- Ordinance 1st Reading (Public Hearing #2, 1st Reading): April 4, 2023 at 6 p.m.
- Ordinance 2nd Reading (2nd Reading): April 18, 2023 at 6 p.m.
For more information about the project, visit www.visionsmtx.com or contact Andrea Villalobos, Planning Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.