In response to the Memorial Day Floods and All Saints Floods of 2015, San Marcos has received $33.8M in Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery funds (CDBG-DR). Partial funding for this project was allocated from the CDBG-DR funds.
This project will improve drainage and mobility along Uhland Road during rain events.
The project includes:
- Full depth reconstruction of County Road and Uhland Road between IH-35 and approximately 200 ft. south of the Aquarena Springs Dr. intersection. The road will be widened from its current variable width to 30 feet between curbs.
- A bike lane will be provided on the north side of the road way between IH-35 Frontage Road and the low water crossing at River Road.
- A stormwater drainage system will be installed along County and Uhland Roads with a new outfall to the Blanco River near the low water crossing at River Road.
- A sidewalk extension up to 10 foot width along Uhland Road to Aquarena Springs Drive.
- The addition of a third bus stop and upgrading two existing bus stops within the project limits.
- Water and wastewater improvements along County Road and Uhland Road.
- A roundabout installation will improve the intersection at Uhland Road and River Road.