Help Keep San Marcos Beautiful
Email Amy Kirwin or call 512-393-8419 and we will work with you.
- Your group will be responsible for cleaning and beautifying your own spot of San Marcos at least six times a year
- One of your cleanups can be the Great Texas River Clean Up, held the first Saturday in March, or Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off, the largest cleanup day for the State of Texas
Cleanup Sign In & Summary Report
- Please submit your request at least two weeks before your cleanup event.
- For ongoing cleanups, please view our Adopt-a-Spot program.
- The Don’t Mess with Texas Trash-Off event is held once a year.
- Hot Spot Clean Up- first Saturday of each month. The Habitat Conservation Plan and KSMB have partnered to focus on an area of litter that will effect the San Marcos River with a concentration on little pieces of litter that aquatic life will mistake for food.
- Those interested in receiving email alerts about Hot Spot and other clean up events for dates and times, please email Amy Kirwin.
- The Great Texas River Cleanup is held the first Saturday of March each year.
- In order to quickly remove tags and stop graffiti, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the address of any tags
- Learn how to prevent graffiti
- Utilize our educational tools on litter prevention, waste reduction, community beautification, and graffiti prevention
- Schedule a presentation for your school, class, youth or civic/service group, please email the KSMB Coordinator
- Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch documentary screening: KSMB has screening rights for the documentary (This is a good conversation starter about plastics in water streams).
- Community meetings will be held in order to gain citizen input for designs.
- There will be opportunities for the community to get involved and assist with painting murals.