- City Council
- Mayor Jane Hughson
Mayor Jane Hughson
Jane Hughson - Mayor
630 E Hopkins
San Marcos, TX 78666
To Schedule an Appointment or Event, Please call: 512-393-8088
Email Jane Hughson
Email City Council
Terms in Office
- 2018 to 2022
- Previously served in Place 4: 2014 to 2018; Place 3: 1996 to 1999; 1999 to 2002
Jane Hughson was elected as Mayor of San Marcos on November 6, 2018 and re-elected November 3, 2020. She was previously elected to the San Marcos City Council on November 4, 2014 for a three-year term in Place 4, re-elected for a three-year term on November 7, 2017, and also served on City Council from May 1996 to May 2002.
Mayor Hughson is a long term San Marcos resident and a Southwest Texas State University graduate. She worked at Texas State University for 33 years before retiring in 2015.
Currently, Ms. Hughson serves as a member of the Capital Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG) Executive Committee and the Capital Area Emergency Communications District Board of Managers. She also serves on the following policy committees: Capital Area Economic Development District, Inc., Capital Area Regional Transportation Planning Organization, Central Texas Clean Air Coalition.
She also serves as Vice Chair of the Alliance Regional Water Authority and is a member of the boards of the Hays Central Appraisal District and the Greater San Marcos Partnership.
She has been a member of several City of San Marcos committees, boards, and commissions, including chair of the Comprehensive Plan Citizen Advisory Committee, vice chair of the Planning and Zoning Commission, chair of the Transportation Advisory Board, and a board member of the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, the Charter Review Commission, the Emergency Medical Services board, and the Ethics Review Commission.
She has served as president of the Heritage Association of San Marcos, Leadership San Marcos, the Hays County Area Food Bank, and the Friends of the San Marcos Cemetery. Other organizations of which she is a member are: League of Women Voters, Women’s Political Caucus, San Marcos Chamber of Commerce, and the San Marcos Water Initiative.
She was appointed by the Texas Legislature to the first Edwards Aquifer Authority board where she served as chair of the administrative committee.
In addition, she is a graduate of the San Marcos Citizens Police and Fire Academies. She also personally sponsors a youth baseball team each year, the Red Sox, in memory of her father, Tex Hughson.
Campaign Finance Reports
- Jane Hughson - January 15, 2023 Semiannual Officer Holder Report
- Jane Hughson - July 15, 2022 - Semiannual Officer Holder Report
- Jane Hughson - January 15, 2022 - Semiannual Officer Holder Report
- Jane Hughson - July 15, 2021 - Semiannual Officer Holder Report
- Jane Hughson - January 15, 2021 Semi-Annual Officeholder Report
- Jane Hughson - 30th Day Report (Nov. 3, 2021 Election)
- Jane Hughson - Amended 8th Day Report (Nov. 3, 2021 Election)
- Jane Hughson - Runoff Report (Nov. 3, 2021 Election)
- Jane Hughson - July 15, 2020 Semi-Annual Officeholder Report (PDF)
- Jane Hughson - January 15, 2020 Semi-Annual Officeholder Report (PDF)
- Jane Hughson - July 15, 2019 - Semiannual Officeholder Report (PDF)
- Jane Hughson - January 15, 2019 - Semiannual Officeholder Report (PDF)