The City of San Marcos is currently holding property valued at $100 or less that is presumed abandoned or unclaimed subject to Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. Unclaimed property may include un-cashed utility refunds, vendor payments, court fees, payment for jury duty, or over payments.
This section allows you to view the list of Unclaimed Property online by alphabetical order of the last name to see if the City is holding unclaimed property for you. If a property is identified through your search, you may print and complete the claim form and send it to the Accounting Department along with the proper documentation supporting your claim to ownership.
The Accounting Department will review the information received and may:
- Accept your claim for ownership and remit the property to you
- Contact you for more information
- Deny your claim by notifying you in writing
If you need additional information, either:
- Email the necessary information
- Call 512-393-8170
- Write to the claim address
When contacting the City through email or by phone, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- A daytime phone number.
- The owner's current address.
- Owner's name as identified in the following unclaimed property listing.
- The owner's social security number and driver's license number
If you have a question about unclaimed property, the status of a submitted claim, or help in identifying whether the City holds property for you, please contact Ismael Garcia at 512-393-8170 or by email.