San Marcos City Cemetery Pricing
If you would like to view cemetery lots that are available for purchase, please contact our Cemetery Caretaker, Scott McLelland, at 512-748-9671. Once you have selected the lots you would like to purchase, payment can be made via phone by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 512-393-8410. For all other inquiries, please email us.
Burial Lot Prices
- Residents-Level 1 – Residents of San Marcos or a person that owns property inside the zoned city limits of San Marcos: $2,000
- Non-Residents-Level 2 – Any person not living in the zoned city limits of San Marcos: $2,500
- Payment Plan Administrative Fee - $50
- A person desiring to pay the purchase price over time will be required to pay an initial deposit of at least 10 percent of the cost of the certificate. The remaining balance shall be paid within 12 months of the initial deposit. Purchases of eight or more certificates must be paid in full at the time of purchase. Purchases of 10 or more certificates are not permitted unless approved by the San Marcos Cemetery Commission.
Please note that all cemetery lots will increase by $50 on January 1 of each year. To learn more, view the Cemetery Fee Schedule.
Plaque, Benches & Tree Pricing
Serenity Garden Plaque
- Designated location in cemetery where ashes can be spread
- Includes nameplate for memorial plaque
Podium Plaque in Chapel
- Podium with memorial plaques affixed
Cemetery Benches & Trees
- Benches located at Cemetery Chapel: $200
- Must get approval from Cemetery Commission
- Benches located elsewhere in cemetery: $3,200
- Placed in pre-designated locations. Cost covers foundation, bench and plaque.
- Tree: $750
For more information on purchasing a tree or bench, visit the Commemorative Tree & Bench webpage.
If you are interested in purchasing a Serenity Garden Plaque, Podium Plaque in Chapel, or a Cemetery Bench, you will need to complete this application.
The City Cemetery has a new columbarium. We welcome you to visit the cemetery to come and view this beautiful memorial. The new structure is made up of slate black tiles and rose granite stones surrounding the top and bottom of the columbarium. Each tile can be personally inscribed with your loved one’s name and dates. Each niche can hold up to 2 cremains. There is a total of 168 niches which can hold up to 336 cremains. The columbarium also includes an ossuary well in the center of the structure. Prices for the columbarium niches and ossuary have not been set at this time. You may contact the Parks and Recreation Department to add your name to the columbarium waiting list 512-393-8410.