Park Rules & Permits
NOTICE: Mayor’s Order Prohibits Gatherings Over 10 & Closes Select Facilities Until May 11
All Parks and Recreation programs and events have been suspended through May 11. The Activity Center is closed until further notice. River front parks, playgrounds, the skate park, dog park, public restrooms and water fountains are closed. River front parks include: Rio Vista, City Park, Plaza Park, Veramendi, Bicentennial, Children’s Park, Crook Park, Veteran’s Memorial Park, Dog Beach, Capes Park, Thompson’s Island, Stokes Park, Ramon Lucio Park, and Wildlife Annex/Wilderness Park. Click here to view a map of all San Marcos river parks.
San Marcos will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the State Department of Health Services, the Hays County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control. Current updates and helpful links may be found at www.sanmarcostx.gov/covid19info.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption/display prohibited
- No smoking or e-cigarettes/inhaled vapor devices
- No glass containers
- No styrofoam containers
- Motorized vehicles prohibited beyond parking areas
- Animals are to remain restrained at all times
- All wildlife and habitat protected
- Parking in designated parking spaces only
- Parking for park users only
- No fire wood collection
- Vending or sales prohibited without permit
- Park curfew 11:00pm to 6:00am (unless posted otherwise)
- Propane grills only
- No charcoal or wood grills
- Limit 1 grill per fixed picnic table site
- Limit 1 shelter or tarp per fixed picnic table site
For a complete list of all Park Ordinances visit Park Ordinances.
The following activities are regulated and require a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department:
- The sale of any goods in City Parks.
- Special Events
- Temporary structures such as jump castles and tents.
To obtain a permit for any of these activities, visit the Parks Office.
The production of commercial films, movies, pictures, broadcasts, or other media productions in City Parks is regulated by the Office of the City Manager. For more information and to view the application click here.