The City of San Marcos is looking to fill vacancies on City boards and commissions with volunteers from the community.
Citizens should fill out volunteer interest applications online by Friday, August 4 to be considered for appointment. The application is available on the Boards and Commission page of the City’s website, sanmarcostx.gov/boards. Paper copies are available at the City Clerk’s Office, 630 E. Hopkins.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary. City Boards and Commissions include:
1. Historic Preservation Commission (1)
- Demonstrate an interest in the history of the City of San Marcos along with an interest in historic preservation
2. Housing Authority Board (1)
3. Neighborhood Commission (3)
- One citizen from sector 1 (Dunbar, Heritage) or sector 8 (Downtown)
- One Citizen from sector 6 (Blanco Gardens, Blanco River North, Two River East)
4. Parking Advisory Board (1)
- One member who is a resident within the Downtown Parking Benefit District
5. Senior Citizen Advisory Board (1)
6. Zoning Board of Adjustments (1)
Residents are asked to submit applications by Friday, August 4, 2023. City Council will review the applications and make appointments during the Regular Meeting scheduled for August 15, 2023.
For media inquiries, contact email@example.com.