Where do I file a citizen complaint?
Application for Citizen's Complaint for Class C misdemeanor violations may be obtained from and filed with the City Attorney's Office in person at the City Hall Building at 630 East Hopkins Street, San Marcos, Texas 78666.

The City's municipal court prosecutor will evaluate the complaint to determine whether the complaint alleges a violation over which the City's Municipal Court of Record has jurisdiction and whether the violation can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The municipal court prosecutor retains prosecutorial discretion as to whether or not to pursue prosecution of the case.

Complaint forms are also available online on the City Attorney Forms and Documents page.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to solicit door to door?
2. Who do I contact about my Municipal Court citation?
3. Who do I contact in order to buy City real property?
4. Who do I contact to serve on a board or commission?
5. Who do I contact about zoning/single family occupancy violations?
6. What do I do about a barking dog?
7. What do I do about an overdue library book citation notice?
8. Where do I go to apply for a taxi or limousine permit?
9. Where do I file a citizen complaint?
10. My vehicle was towed who do I contact?